Tuesday 12 June 2012

The Party Plug

I've had so much feedback from Charlie's party and it has all been wonderful. I'm so glad I have an outlet such as this to have shown you what we did to celebrate or it possibly would've just been enjoyed by us and that's it.  Thank you for all your kind words, I'm glad you all enjoyed it too.

I have been asked by several people where I got everything from and so I felt a post to give you the link would be the best way to show you.

Now I love Etsy. As in, I open the app on my iPhone at least... oh... maybe eight to nine times a day just to see what is new. Yep. After Facebook and Pinterest it is my next favourite thing.

Anywho.

Kelly's Cottage Shoppe on Etsy

That's it right there.

She has heaps of awesome themes etc. and the best part is they are all downloadable. Downside is that you need to have a fairly decent printer to actually make them look as good as the pictures are, and you have to be VERY willing to do plenty of cutting out (yep, if I wasn't on maternity leave I wouldn't have even bothered).

Watching it all come together actually got me thinking about the very possibility of me starting my own party-decor type... Would I say business? No. Probably more along the lines of hobby.

I love hand-made party stuff much more than the commercial bits and bobs.  The only thing about hand-made is that it takes ages to do it yourself and most of us just don't have the time/energy for it (usually because of those little people in our lives we want to have a party for). Or to achieve that hand-made look we pay WAY TOO MUCH for it to be made by somebody else.

Watch this space, I'm having a play with a few ideas - trying to work out if it is even something that could be a possible option for me to take up. Hand-made kids party decor at a price us normal mums/dads/carers can afford... That would be nice.

I've got my chocolate milk, electric blanket on and a new episode of Switched at Birth ready to go. I think it will be a lovely late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment