Wednesday 13 June 2012

My Rocky Road

This recipe was invented by my mum. Then I stole it and I've been passing it off as my own! Genius I hear you say! Quite.

But it is so yummy that I really should share it with you because keeping it to myself is nasty.

Lets get one thing straight. There is NO COCONUT in this recipe. Not that I have anything against the stuff, its just whenever people put it in Rocky Road I want to go out of my way to punch them in the face. Oh and there are no cherries in this either because I'm not really a fan of those.

Ingredients:

50g of flaked almonds
100g of those mini baking marshmallows (1 bag of the Betta Mallow Bakes is easiest)
375g of milk cooking chocolate (I like to use Nestle Melts because they taste awesome)
2 x 55g Fry's Turkish delight chocolate

For those of you people that need to be visually stimulated - here you go:


What you do:

Chop up both of the blocks of Turkish Delight in small squares. If you're like me you actually will need three for this part, two for the recipe and one to eat. Nom nom nom.

Melt the cooking chocolate as the directions state. You can do it over boiling water if that's your thing but if you can't be bothered with that just use the microwave. Most recommend you put it in for 30 seconds on a medium level before checking it over. If it needs to go again just do it in 10 second bursts at medium until it is melted enough.

Also remember that the chocolate stays hot so if you have a few small pieces not totally melted when you take it out, its all good - they'll disappear when you are putting in all your other bits.

Pour your flaked almonds, mallow bakes and chopped up Turkish Delight into the melted chocolate and with a spatula mix it all through until everything is evenly coated.

In a square or rectangle cake tin tip in your mix and spread it out evenly.

Chuck it in the fridge for an hour or two to let the whole thing set, then pull it out chop it up into squares (or mangle it with a knife like I do) and 'Tada!' Really easy, really yummy Rocky Road (or as it was known at the party "Rocky Rubble".


Now I'm hungry. I wonder if we have any chocolate melts...

1 comment: